Egypt, with no doubt, is a must-see for travelers who love to witness cool and unusual things. From sightseeing the Great Sphinx and pyramids to cruising the Nile River, this country connecting Africa and Asia is attracting thousands of tourists all year round. While there are people who are exempted from getting a visa, there are still passport-holders who doesn’t have the freedom to travel in and out of this beautiful country- thus, a visa is required. And if you’re one of these, be sure to check this post for a guide on how to apply Egypt tourist visa.
Countries allowed to visa-free entry in Egypt
- Hong Kong
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
The countries listed below are also qualified for a visa-free entry under special conditions. Be sure to check these conditions first before going to Egypt.
- South Sudan
How to apply a tourist visa for Egypt
Getting a visa to Egypt can be as quick and simple as the e-visa or the in-person standard visa application process.
1. Egypt e-Visa
The e-Visa is only applicable to passport-holders coming from the following countries:
If you are eligible to apply for this type of visa, be sure to check the general requirements too before applying for an e-visa.
A. Requirements For Egypt E Visa
- Your passport must be valid for at least 8 months from the date of arrival in Egypt.
- Your trip must not exceed 30 days.
- The purpose of your trip is for tourism only. Otherwise, you have to ask the embassy in your home country for the right type of visa and how to process it.
B. Required Information For An e-Visa
- The applicant’s personal information (name, birthdate, nationality, gender, birthplace)
- The applicant’s passport information (passport number, validity, previous visas)
- The applicant’s contact details like email and phone number
- A valid debit/credit card for payment
- Information regarding your trip and the purpose of your visit
Now that you have prepared the information above, applying for an e-visa will be fast and easy with these steps:
C. How To Apply For An E-visa
- Fill up the application form online here. Be sure that you have provided the correct information. This also means that your form or any of your supporting documents are free from spelling mistakes or any form of errors. With the presence of these errors, the visa-issuing authority has the right to reject your application. It is also advisable to submit the application 7 days before your departure to avoid any delays.
- Pay the application fee using your valid debit/credit card. Unpaid applications will not be processed. The e-visa fee for Egypt cost around $25 for single entry and $60 for multiple entries.
- Print the confirmed e-visa which will be sent to you via email. Normally, you will get your e-visa right away before your arrival in Egypt. However, there are special cases where issuing of visa gets delayed so as I have said before, apply for an e-visa 7 days before your arrival in Egypt.
- Present the e-visa to the Egyptian Border Control. Even with visa, there are still some travelers who are denied to enter the country if the border control officer doubts your intention to stay in Egypt.
D. Validity Of The e-Visa
The e-Visa for Egypt is valid for up to 3 months but the foreign national is only allowed to stay for a total of 30 days from the day of his arrival in Egypt.
2. In-person Visa Application
If you do not belong to the list of eligible countries for an e-visa, you have no choice but to apply using the standard process; Submit your application along with your documents to the nearest embassy in your home country and hope for the best. If you’re in the Philippines, you can lodge your application to the Egypt Embassy in Manila.
Arab Republic of Egypt Embassy
7th Floor, G.C Corporate Plaza
150 Legaspi St., Legaspi Village
Makati City, Philippines
Telephone: +63 2 843-9220/9232
Email: [email protected]
The consular section is working from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Be sure to check with the embassy before going too because they’re also not working during holidays in Egypt.
A. Required Documents
- Valid passport – it must be valid for more than 6 months from the date of departure.
- 2 pcs of a 2×2 photo with white background
- Completely filled-up Egypt visa application form.
- Proof of rootedness like Certificate of Employment and leave of absence.
- Proof of financial capacity like a bank certificate.
- Tour program itinerary
B. How To Apply For Tourist Visa in Person
1. Submit application. When applying for a visa to Egypt using the standard process, you don’t have to set an appointment to the Egypt Embassy in Manila. You can just walk in and hand over your documents to the consul.
2. Wait for the result. You can keep your passport with you while waiting for the result. It usually takes 15 days to get the decision. If approved, you will be asked to pay the visa fee.
3. Pay the visa fee. The visa fee varies so be sure to check the embassy you’re applying to but if you’re holding a Philippine passport, you need to pay around Php1,500 for single entry visa.
So there you have it! You can either get your visa through the online application or personal appearance. Don’t worry if you’re not qualified for the e-visa application, applying for a visit to Egypt using the standard process is also not that difficult now that you have read how to apply for a visa to Egypt.
If you like what you read, please share! And also follow us through our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts for updates. Keep on travelling, y’all!