Bahrain is surely a unique tourist destination. Who would have thought that this small Arabian state is also rich in history and culture? Located in the Arab Gulf, things to do in Bahrain mostly involves water sports and activities. However, playing golf and visiting museums are also popular activities for those who have been in this Arabian state. If you’re planning to visit Bahrain anytime soon, here’s how you can apply for a Bahrain visit visa or tourist visa.
- 1. Find out if you are eligible for visa on arrival, e-visa or you need to apply directly to the embassy or consulate.
- 2. Steps on getting Bahrain visa
1. Find out if you are eligible for visa on arrival, e-visa or you need to apply directly to the embassy or consulate.
a. Visa On Arrival
The citizens of the countries below are qualified for visa on arrival in Bahrain. This means that you can just fly and get visa at the airport when you arrive.
|Germany||New Zealand||United Kingdom|
And provided that you meet these general conditions for Bahrain e-visa:
- You are not from Bahrain
- You are traveling through Bahrain International Airport
- Your passport’s validity is 6 months from arrival
- You can support yourself within the duration of your visit
- You do not violate the security and national welfare of Bahrain
- You must have a confirm onward ticket to Bahrain
- You can pay through credit card
Applying for an e-visa will only take 72 hours to process and is valid for 30 days.
If you are not qualified for visa on arrival or e-visa, then proceed to the process of applying visitors visa to your closest embassy.
2. Steps on getting Bahrain visa
a. Finding a Sponsor For Bahrain Visit Visa
Travelers who want to enter the Kingdom of Bahrain for tourism or work should have a sponsor to kickstart their visa application on their behalf. So who are the legible sponsors?
- Travel agencies in Bahrain
- Friends or family living in Bahrain
- Accredited hotels, airlines, and companies in Bahrain
The sponsor will process the “No objection Certificate” for applicants who want to visit Bahrain for tourism through the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports, and Residence- a government agency which has the power to authorize visitors to enter the Kingdom of Bahrain. On the other hand, those who want to seek employment in Bahrain has to get the assistance from the Labour Market Regulatory Authority (LMRA).
b. Getting a No Objection Certificate (NOC)
Your sponsor has to process this document in Bahrain and you must provide them with the following documents:
- Supporting letter stating the purpose and duration of the trip
- Passport copy
Getting an NOC will take approximately 2 weeks to process and will cost you BHD 20.
c. Getting a Tourist Visa
Once your sponsor has successfully applied for the “No Objection Certificate (NOC)”, you can now present this document along with other supporting documents to the consulate or embassy in your country of residence. The NOC will be revalidated and if successful, an entry visa will be stamped in your passport.
General Requirements For Bahrain Tourist Visa
- No Objection Certificate – It must be the original copy
- Valid passport – Your passport must be valid up to 6 months from the date of departure or arrival in Bahrain
- Flight itinerary – This can be a copy of your return or onward ticket to Bahrain
- One Passport-size photo – The photo must meet the passport photo requirements:
- The photo must be colored with plain white background
- Must not be more than 6 months old
- High resolution
- Facial features must be clear and shows the natural skin tone
- The photo must be 4 x 6 cm.
5. A copy of invitation letter from the sponsor – This is a letter presented to the consul for formality and to explain the intention of the visit. This includes the details of the sponsor such as name, address, and relationship to the applicant.
6. Completely filled-out application form – You can download the application form here. Be sure to fill it out with the right information and double check before submitting it.
Types of Visa and Visa Fees
|Single-entry visa at port of entry||BHD 20|
|Multiple-entry visa at port of entry||BHD 25|
|Single-entry e-Visa||BHD 29|
Validity of the Visa
- Single-entry visa on arrival – can be up to 3 months depending on the nationality
- Multiple-entry visa on arrival – valid for 2 weeks
- Single-entry visa – valid for 2 weeks and up to 3 months depending on the nationality
- e-Visa – valid for 2 weeks to 3 months and must be used within 30 days of approval.
How many days is the processing time?
To reevaluate both tourist and work visa, it only takes 2 days to process. After that, you can finally enter Bahrain until the validity of your visa. But just like other visas, the safest time to alot to the visa processing is 15 working days.
Below are the address and contact details of the government agencies that can assist you in getting a visa to Bahrain.
For getting a No objection Certificate (NOC):
General Directorate of Nationality, Passports & Residence
Ministry of Interior
PO Box 331, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
Telephone: (973) 17535111
Fax: (973) 17532152
Honorary Consulate of the Kingdom of Bahrain (Philippines)
RGV Building, 4th Floor, 5470 Osmeña Highway, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Telephone : 632 8042497 Fax: 632 8041563
Email: [email protected]
Business Hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Mondays-Fridays