Slovenia is one of the most underrated countries in
Europe. Located between the Balkans and Central Europe, it is often overlooked by travelers because of its more famous neighbors.
Bordered by Austria to the North,
Croatia to the South East, Hungary to North East and Italy to the West, it controls the major transit routes in Europe. However, this is not enough to draw more tourists.
So if you are wondering
where to visit in Slovenia, there are several places that you can check out in this amazing country.
To start with, here are 14 things to do in Slovenia and the reason why Slovenia should be your next destination.
Lake Bled from a vantage point. A scenic lake in Upper Carniolan region. Picture taken by Joseph Leep. Check his other images through www.instagram.com/general1370 Hotel Rates in Bled: Agoda | Booking.com
2. Panoramic view of Piran, a charming coastal in Slovenia.
Picture taken by Mario Münzer and Stephanie Jaritz. Check their other images through www.instagram.com/mario.muenzer Hotel Rates in Piran: Agoda | Booking.com
Sunset in Portoroz – a top resort town in the country. Picture taken by Primoz Podpecan. Check his other images through www.instagram.com/instapopster Hotel Rates in Portoroz: Agoda | Booking.com
4. Tromostovje or Triple Bridge is a group of bridges across Ljubljanica river. Which connects the medieval, historical and the modern sides of Ljubljana – the capital city.
Picture taken by Mojca Ursic. Check her other images through www.instagram.com/mojcau Hotel Rates in Ljubljana: Agoda | Booking.com
5. Window view of the Adriatic sea from St. George Parish Church in Piran.
Picture taken by Mario Münzer. Check his other images through www.instagram.com/mario.muenzer Hotel Rates in Piran: Agoda | Booking.com
6. Lake view from the Assumption of Mary church.
Picture taken by Edward Li. Check his other images through www.instagram.com/edwardli Hotel Rates in Bled: Agoda | Booking.com
7. Church of the Assumption. A Baroque church from the 17th century that stands proudly in the middle of
Lake Bled with Julian Alps in the background. Picture taken by Suzuhiro Takada. Check his other images at: suzuhirotakada.com , facebook.com/suzuhirotakada.photography and instagram.com/suzu2010 Hotel Rates in Bled: Agoda | Booking.com
8. Stream in Vintgar Gorge. A 1.6-kilometer gorge that runs through the towns of Gorje and
Bled. Picture taken by Suzuhiro Takada. Check his other images at: suzuhirotakada.com and instagram.com/suzu2010 Hotel Rates in Zgornje Gorje: Agoda | Booking.com
9. Lake Jasna – an
aquamarine lake surrounded by white sands in Kranjska Gora. Picture taken by Anja Levicar. Check her other images through www.instagram.com/aptl3 Hotel Rates in Kranjska Gora: Agoda | Booking.com
10. Quaint neighbourhood in Ljubljana.
Picture taken by Daniel Hahn. Check his other images through www.instagram.com/dansglobalphotos Hotel Rates in Ljubljana: Agoda | Booking.com
11. Abitanti is a protected cultural heritage small settlement village which is known for its architecture.
Picture taken by Tina Tunanovic. Check her other images through www.instagram.com/tina.tina78 Hotel Rates in Ljubljana: Agoda | Booking.com
12. The riverbank in the capital city from Hradeckega bridge which houses several quaint cafes and restaurants.
Picture taken by Nika Strbenc. Check her other images through www.instagram.com/mika_trbenc Hotel Rates in Ljubljana: Agoda | Booking.com
13. Lake Bohinj is the largest permanent lake in Slovenia. And one of the most scenic too!
Picture taken by Anamarija Lazic. Check her other images through www.instagram.com/anichi Hotel Rates in Bohinj: Agoda | Booking.com
14. The Goldhorn statue standing proud in picturesque backdrop. This statue said to be guarding Lake Jasna.
Picture taken by Luka Tehovnik. Check his other images at: facebook.com/luka.tehovnik, facebook.com/AudibleRx and instagram.com/pharmacist_luka Hotel Rates in Kranjska Gora: Agoda | Booking.com
If you like what you read, please share! And also follow us through our
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts for updates. Keep on travelling y’all!