table mountain

Filipino citizens are required to apply visa before going to South Africa. This tourist visa for South Africa will allow you to stay up to 90 days in the country. The good news is South Africa doesn’t require a personal appearance anymore in the consulate and the VFS Manila handles the processing. But you must apply at least 7 days (but no more than 30 days) before your flight  as the processing takes 5 days (and sometimes longer) so make sure to allocate enough time if you want to get your visa on time.

VFS Manila also doesn’t need an appointment. Just make sure you arrive on the time listed below:

VFS Location: 

South Africa Visa Application Center
Ground Floor, Ecoplaza Bldg.,
Don Chino Roces Ave., Makati City, Metro Manila
1231 Philippines

Telephone: (02) 790 4909
Email: [email protected]

table mountain
Rich floras at the bottom of Table Mountain


1. Passport, (valid for at least 30 days after the intended stay/departure date from South Africa; at least Two unused/blank visa pages)

2. Two recent (not older than 30 days/1 months) passport size, ( 35mm x 45mm of the picture) photographs

3. Fully completed visa application form-11 (DHA-84) – must be completed in black ink and block letters.

4. Application form-11 (DHA-84) must be signed by the applicant and signature should match the signature on the passport. Click here for the application form.

5. Vaccination certificate, (yellow fever) if an applicant will travel through or stay in a yellow fever belt. For the latest Yellow Fever Policy please click here.

Cape Point

6. Proof of financial – 3 months bank statement, certified by a bank and not older than 7 days from the time of application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.

7. There must be 7 working days before the proposed flight itinerary;

8. No fixed flight arrangements should be made until the visa has been attained.

9. All supporting documents should be duly certified by the Police in South African Commissioner or Commissioner of Oaths;

10. Invitation letter from host in South Africa must be signed;

Table Mountain

11. Marriage certificate, where applicable (For verification purpose applicant needs to carry the Original Marriage Certificate at the time of submission at VFS center)

12. Copies of passport bio-data pages

13. Original covering letter signed by the applicant stating the name, passport number of applicant(s) and duration of the visit. Letter must have the physical address, as well as contact details of authorized signature’s name, designation, and signature (should clearly mention who will bear the expenses of the trip)

14. For Minor Dependent Children

Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden

1. Documents such as Parental Consent Affidavit form for which the link is below, passport copy of parents as well as child + Unabridged Birth Certificate of a child must be carried for Parental Consent Affidavit procedure. In case of death of either parent death certificate has to be produced. In case of death of both parents, the procedure has to be carried out by legal guardian at Mumbai Consulate and death certificates mandatory of both parents to be produced. In the case of divorce, the legal divorce documents have to be produced.

2. Affidavit less than 3 months old as part of the application. Originals should be kept for their records while traveling Minors who apply tourist visa for South Africa at VFS service-point shall be required to submit the attested copy of Parental Consent to South Africa.

3. If an unabridged birth certificate is in local language than English translation affidavit must be produced along with local language unabridged birth certificate.

Table Mountain
Table Mountain from Pipe Trail

Visa Fees:  

For visa fees, please refer to this link. Also please note, that on top of the visa fee is Php2000 for VFS service fee.

Additional Note: Make sure your application form does not have erasure and you bring your completed documents. Otherwise, VFS will send them back to you. 

Ready to go to South Africa and don’t have an itinerary yet? Here’s our comprehensive guide for Cape Town:

Lion's Head in Cape Town

If you like what you read, please share! And also follow us through our Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts for updates. Keep on travelling y’all!




  1. i love to go to the South Africa but i have no money for that maybe one can help mewith it
    I wouldlike to continue my studies there

  2. Hi, im still confused for how long i can stay in SA, there’s actually for 28 days, less than 3mos/90 days and more than 90 days. Im applying for my visa soon, and as you know I need a return ticket for applying, but I dont know what date should I write, as much as possible I want to stay longer as well because I’m visiting my boyfriend. I hope someone can help me on this one, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

  3. Hello, can you clarify item 13? There’s two of us traveling to SA so is one cover letter enough for the two of us? And what does physical address mean? My home address? Authorized signature meaning my signature? 🙂

    Original covering letter signed by the applicant stating the name, passport number of applicant(s) and duration of visit. Letter must have the physical address, as well as contact details of authorized signature’s name, designation and signature (should clearly mention who will bear the expenses of the trip)

    • Hi I don’t have experience applying visa with a group. I would suggest to create individual cover letter and a combined cover letter to be safe. Yes, it’s your signature and your home address.

  4. Hello, I just want to ask, how much do you think is the show money or at least a per day allowance that i needed? i will be visiting my boyfriend and i will be staying at his mom’s House. do i still need invitation letter from his mom? i hope you could answer. thanks!

    • no in med certificate unless you travelled in countries at risk with yellow fever (e.g. South American countries) and for reserved tickets – yes. It is your proof that you intend to go back home.

  5. Hi thanks for the information , i have a question what if i dont have an invitation just only a torurist what should i prepare ? and how much money to show needed ? im planning to stay only 3-4 days. Thank you so much

    • The requirements are the same. For money – you need to show that you can cover the expenses you will incur for the trip. So that includes airfare, accommodation and an average daily allowance of at least $60/ day.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here