Filipino citizens are required to apply visa before going to South Africa. This tourist visa for South Africa will allow you to stay up to 90 days in the country. The good news is South Africa doesn’t require a personal appearance anymore in the consulate and the VFS Manila handles the processing. But you must apply at least 7 days (but no more than 30 days) before your flight as the processing takes 5 days (and sometimes longer) so make sure to allocate enough time if you want to get your visa on time.
VFS Manila also doesn’t need an appointment. Just make sure you arrive on the time listed below:
South Africa Visa Application Center
Ground Floor, Ecoplaza Bldg.,
Don Chino Roces Ave., Makati City, Metro Manila
Telephone: (02) 790 4909
- Passport, (valid for at least 30 days after the intended stay/departure date from South Africa; at least Two unused/blank visa pages)
- Two recent (not older than 30 days/1 month) passport size, ( 35mm x 45mm of the picture) photographs
- Fully completed visa application form-11 (DHA-84) – must be completed in black ink and block letters.
- Application form-11 (DHA-84) must be signed by the applicant and signature should match the signature on the passport. Click here for the application form.
- Vaccination certificate, (yellow fever) if applicant will travel through or stay in yellow fever belt. For the latest Yellow Fever Policy please click here
- Proof of financial – 3 months bank statement, certified by bank and not older than 7 days from the time of application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- There must be 7 working days before the proposed flight itinerary;
- No fixed flight arrangements should be made until the visa has been attained.
- All supporting documents should be duly certified by the Police in South African Commissioner or Commissioner of Oaths;
- Invitation letter from host in South Africa must be signed;
- Marriage certificate, where applicable (For verification purpose applicant needs to carry the Original Marriage Certificate at the time of submission at VFS center)
- Copies of passport bio-data pages
- Original covering letter signed by the applicant stating the name, passport number of applicant(s) and duration of visit. Letter must have the physical address, as well as contact details of authorized signature’s name, designation and signature (should clearly mention who will bear the expenses of the trip)
- For Minor Dependent Children
- Documents such as Parental Consent Affidavit form for which the link is below, passport copy of parents as well as child + Unabridged Birth Certificate of child must be carried for Parental Consent Affidavit procedure. In case of death of either parents death certificate has to be produced. In case of death of both parents the procedure has to be carried out by legal guardian at Mumbai Consulate and death certificates mandatory of both parents to be produced. In case of divorce the legal divorce documents has to be produced.
- Affidavit less than 3 months old as part of the application. Originals should be kept for their records while travelling Minors who apply tourist visa for South Africa at VFS service-point shall be required to submit the attested copy of Parental Consent to South Africa.
- If unabridged birth certificate is in local language than English translation affidavit must be produce along with local language unabridged birth certificate.
For visa fees, please refer to this link. Also please note, that on top of visa fee is Php2000 for VFS service fee.
Additional Note: Make sure your application form does not have erasure and you bring your complete documents. Otherwise, VFS will send them back to you.
Ready to go to South Africa and don’t have itinerary yet? Here’s our comprehensive guide for Cape Town:
- Backpacking Cape Town – The Ultimate Budget Guide
- Cape Town Itinerary – A Self-Guided Tour
- Best Beaches In Cape Town
- Cool Things To Do In Cape Town
- Why Cape Town Road Trip Is A Must
- Wild Flower Reserves In Western Cape