Russia is one of the largest countries in the world. It’s a huge canvass painted with lots of hues and terrains that we could never imagine existed. It has incredible landscape and natural wonders– even heritage sites and pristine lakes that will sweep you off your feet. (Plus, very Instagram worthy.) If you are looking for unparalleled cultural history, acquiring a Russian Tourist Visa should be your next step.
Filipino citizens can enter Russia only if they carry a visa. The traveler should contact the Embassy of the Russian Federation and submit a letter of invitation for a Russian tourist visa. This letter can be issued in one (1) day at any travel agency registered in the registry of Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with a copy of a travel voucher.
Russian Tourist Visa Application Requirements:
- Original Passport and a photocopy. (Printed and photocopied on A4 paper. A passport with a validity of at least six (6) months and at least two (2) blank pages.)
- Visa Application form completed and signed. (Printed on A4 paper with 2 photocopies.)
- Two (2) Passport size photos. (With white background and a signature at the back.)
- Tourist Visa Invitation which you can either get from authorized travel company or from hotels in Russia that offer tourist invitation.
The invitation letter should have the following details:
- Tourist Voucher
- Confirmation of Acceptance
- Printed on the letterhead of the travel agency.
- Form must include the Travel agency’s information.
- Traveler’s passport data.
- Detailed information on what Russian cities he/she intends to visit.
- Hotel arrangements from the authorized Russian travel company or directly from the Russian Hotel, showing the reference number and confirmation number for the visa.
- Duration of stay.
However, a letter of invitation does not guarantee an approval and issuance of a visa. The traveler will be subjected to a background check to make sure that there are no criminal records or incidences that he/she was deported from Russia during the previous visits. The Consular Division might also request additional documents depending on the situation, be prepared to provide those documents necessary. Note that there is a mandatory consular fee that will be charged regardless of the outcome of the approval.
Validity of a Russia tourist visa for Philippine passport holders can not be longer than one month (30 days). Tourist visa may be for single or (rare) double entry only. Processing may take up to twelve (12) working days with a fee of minimum estimate of USD 49 or P2,500 depending on the exchange rate. But once a positive decision is made, your Russia tourist visa is valid for 1 month. If by any chance that you suddenly need to change your travel visa to another type, you will be required to leave the country and re-apply for a different visa.
For further details in applying for a Russian Tourist Visa for Filipinos, you may visit the following:
Embassy of the Russian Federation
Room 402 A, 4/F, RCI Bldg, 105 Rada St., Legazpi Village, Makati City
Embassy of the Russian Federation (main office)
1245 Acacia Road, Dasmariñas Village, Makati City
Phone: +632 893-0190, 817-5406
Email: [email protected]