Bayfront Hotel Cebu is a mid-rise hotel in one of the thriving business districts in Cebu. The hotel sits just across SM Cebu City and a city bus station making it accessible to anywhere in Cebu. The hotel boasts stylish rooms with elegant furnishings without the exuberant prices of 5-star hotels in the area. We booked a one-night stay in the hotel after our trip in Coron. Based in our research, the hotel has lots of positive reviews and with the affordable rate of just Php2600 (around US$52) for a superior room, it was a no-brainer.
Table Of Contents
How To Get To Bayfront Hotel Cebu From Mactan Airport
From Mactan International Airport, we took a Grab car to get to the hotel. It cost us about Php300 (US$6). There are also lots of yellow and white taxis at the airport taxi terminal and they are only slightly cheaper than Uber or Grab.
But if you want to save money, you can take the MyBus at Mactan Airport that goes to SM City Cebu. The MyBus costs about Php25 ($.50 cents) and to find the bus, you have to take the airport exit and climb the stairs. The airport bus terminal is close to the taxi terminal so you shouldn’t be able to miss it. You can pay by cash (until May 2018) or use the MyBus reloadable card. The airport bus runs from 6am until 9pm daily. You need to get off in SM Cebu City. The MyBus station in SM Cebu is right across Bayfront Hotel.
Amenities and Services in Bayfront Hotel Cebu
- The hotel offers a restaurant that serves international and local cuisines. This is where they serve the free buffet breakfast as well. For the price, you wouldn’t think that this hotel in Cebu would offer a proper buffet with several breakfast options. But they do. From local breakfast selections to continental breakfast options, this hotel does it right.
- Gym is also available at the hotel. It’s a good way to burn those extra fats from the sumptuous breakfast!
- They also offer a spa service and in-room massage for a decent price.
- 24-hour reception, laundry and dry cleaning service, airport transfers, banquet hall, and ATMs on site.
- And for someone who works remotely like me, a good and fast internet is a good thing to have in a hotel.
Why Stay At Bayfront Hotel Cebu?
- The staff are super attentive, accommodating and professional. For someone who had been constantly disappointed with the services of hotels and restaurants in the Philippines, it is a breath of fresh air to see a business who care about customer service. Just to give a few examples; the quick check in process, quick response to customer’s requests, attentive restaurants staff and the always ready to assist attitude. We were super tired from our trip in Palawan so all we wanted is to check in as soon as possible. And the receptionists made the process so quick that we were on the way in less than 10 minutes. And there were lots of people trying to check out/ in that time. We also needed someone to fix my wifi access, an extra toilet tissue, towel replacement and an extra key card and these were all given in prompt manner. I hate it when hotel staff says that they will send someone to assist you and you have to wait an hour or two before they follow up. Everything we needed was given to us in less than 5 minutes. The staff always greet you with a smile and for the price we paid, one would think we stayed in an expensive hotel.
- The location is hard to beat. It is right across SM Cebu City which means everything you need; from restaurants, shops, cafes, supermarket etc are within 2-minute walk. It is also less than 2km away from Ayala Center Cebu or less than Php70 Uber ride. Also, if you want to connect to the other sides of Cebu, MyBus is also right across by the road.
- Spacious and comfortable rooms are quite rare for affordable hotels in Cebu. Yet, Bayfront Hotel managed to prove that quality doesn’t mean extra money. Aside from the big bed, we also had spacious Western toilet and bath, a mini bar with tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe, a massive executive writing desk and a comfortable chair that was really useful because I could work comfortably inside the room. We got the place for Php2600/ night (US$52) from a discounted rate in a hotel booking site. And because we enjoyed the place, we extended our stay for a couple of more nights and we got it for a normal rate which is only few hundreds more expensive. But even with the normal rate, it’s still way affordable for the quality and service they provide. They also offer rooms to family or barkadas for reasonable price as well.
- A lot of people like Bayfront too! The first thing we checked upon seeing a good deal is to check the online reviews of the hotel and previous guests enjoyed their stay too.
Bayfront Hotel Cebu Location
All opinions expressed are solely our own and have not been influenced in any way. We paid for this accommodation out of our own pockets and we are not compensated for this hotel review. However, The Travelling Pinoys contains affiliate links all throughout the site. If you choose to purchase a product or book services through our affiliate links, this earns us a commission at no extra cost to you.