Bayfront Hotel Cebu is a mid-rise hotel in one of the thriving business districts in Cebu City. The hotel sits just across SM Cebu City and a city bus station making it accessible to anywhere in Cebu. The hotel boasts stylish rooms with elegant furnishings without the exuberant prices of 5-star hotels in the area. We booked a two-night stay in the hotel after our trip to Coron. Based on our research, the hotel has lots of positive reviews so it was a no-brainer.
The first thing we noticed was the staff. They are super attentive, accommodating and professional. For someone who had been constantly disappointed with the services of hotels and restaurants in the Philippines, it is a breath of fresh air to see a business who care about customer service. Just to give a few examples; the quick check-in process, quick response to customer’s requests, attentive restaurants staff and the always ready to assist attitude.
We were super tired from our trip to Palawan so all we wanted is to check in as soon as possible. And the receptionists made the process so quick that we were on the way in less than 5 minutes. And there were lots of people trying to check out/ in that time. We also needed someone to fix my wifi access, an extra toilet tissue, towel replacement, and an extra key card and these were all given in a prompt manner.
I hate it when hotel staff says that they will send someone to assist you and you have to wait an hour or two before they follow up. Everything we needed was given to us in less than 5 minutes. The staff always greet you with a smile and for the price, one would think we stayed in an expensive hotel.
How To Get To Bayfront Hotel Cebu From Mactan Airport
From Mactan International Airport, we took a Grab car to get to the hotel. It cost us about Php300 (US$6). There are also lots of yellow and white taxis at the airport taxi terminal and they are only slightly cheaper than Uber or Grab.
But if you want to save money, you can take the MyBus at Mactan Airport that goes to SM City Cebu. The MyBus costs about Php25 ($.50 cents) and to find the bus, you have to take the airport exit and climb the stairs. The airport bus terminal is close to the taxi terminal so you shouldn’t be able to miss it. You can pay by cash (until May 2018) or use the MyBus reloadable card. The airport bus runs from 6 am until 9 pm daily. You need to get off in SM Cebu City. The MyBus station in SM Cebu is right across Bayfront Hotel.
Amenities and Services in Bayfront Hotel Cebu
- The hotel offers a restaurant that serves international and local cuisines. This is where they serve the free buffet breakfast as well. For the price, you wouldn’t think that this hotel in Cebu would offer a proper buffet with several breakfast options. But they do. From local breakfast selections to continental breakfast options, this hotel does it right.
- A gym is also available at the hotel. It’s a good way to burn those extra fats from the sumptuous breakfast!
- They also offer a spa service and in-room massage for a decent price.
- 24-hour reception, laundry and dry cleaning service, airport transfers, banquet hall, and ATMs on site.
- And for someone who works remotely like me, a good and fast internet is a good thing to have in a hotel.
Why Stay At Bayfront Hotel Cebu?
- The staff are super attentive, accommodating and professional.
- The location is hard to beat. It is right across SM Cebu City which means everything you need; from restaurants, shops, cafes, supermarket etc are within a 2-minute walk. It is also less than 2km away from Ayala Center Cebu or less than Php70 Uber ride. Also, if you want to connect to the other sides of Cebu, MyBus is also right across the street.
- Spacious and comfortable rooms are quite rare for affordable hotels in Cebu. Yet, Bayfront Hotel managed to prove that quality doesn’t mean extra money. Aside from the big bed, we also had spacious Western toilet and bath, a mini bar with tea and coffee making facilities, in-room safe, a massive executive writing desk and a comfortable chair that was really useful because I could work comfortably inside the room. And because we enjoyed the place, we extended our stay for a couple of more nights.
- A lot of people like Bayfront too! The first thing we checked upon seeing a good deal is to check the online reviews of the hotel and previous guests enjoyed their stay too.
Bayfront Hotel Cebu Location
Kaohsiung Street, North Reclamation Area,Cebu City Philippines 6000
Phone Number: +63 32 230 6777
Mobile: +63 917 728 9912
Fax Number: +63 32 230 6767
Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
To book and check the latest rates of Bayfront Hotel: Agoda | Booking.com
As always, all opinions expressed are solely our own. The Travelling Pinoys also contains affiliate links all throughout the site. If you choose to purchase a product or book services through our affiliate links, this earns us a commission at no extra cost to you.
If you like what you read, please share! And also follow us through our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts for updates. Keep on travelling, y’all!