If you’re travelling to the Philippines, you won’t want to miss Coron from your itinerary. Although Coron Town won’t blow you away, once you get deeper into the island you’ll be glad you made this journey! Don’t miss the twin lagoons, which are connected by a small hole in the cliffs. And yes, you can swim through it! Scuba divers and snorkellers will love it here too. Not only can you see tropical fish, but Japanese shipwrecks too!
We’re sure you don’t need any more convincing to visit Coron. However, where are you going to stay? Although there are plenty of hotels, you’ll probably have a better experience in hostels. For the most part, they’re cheaper. And you’ll have a chance to meet like-minded travellers and make your trip truly memorable!
With all that in mind, we’ve decided to help you out. In this post, we’ll take a look at the best hostels in Coron. Our expert travel writers have compiled a list while taking into account travel style, personality, but most importantly – budget!
Quick Answer – Best Hostels in Coron
- Overall Best Hostel in Boracay – Bambam Hostel
- Best Hostels for Solo Travellers in Boracay – Carillo Guest House Coron
- Best Cheap Hostel in Boracay – Busuanga Backpackers
- Best Hostel for Couples in Boracay – Ecocio Backpackers Hostel
- Best Party Hostel in Boracay – The Hub Backpackers Hangout
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Boracay – Dayon Hostel
- Best Hostel with a Private Room in Boracay – JMP Hostel
Best Hostels in Coron
Overall Best Hostel in Coron – BAMBAM Hostel
- Awesome location
- Common Room
- Air conditioning
We’ll kick off our list with the overall best hostel in Coron. Located on Real Street, right in the centre of Coron Town, it’s a fabulous base for exploring the island! During the day, you can take part in a tour to discover all the secrets awaiting you on the island, while at night time you can indulge in local cuisine and nightlife! In fact, you don’t even have to leave the building to experience those, as the hotel is above a complex with lots of cool places to check out! If you’re worried that the dorms will get a little sweaty and sticky, rest assured. There’s aircon!
Best Hostel for Solo Travellers in Coron – Carillo Guest House Coron
- Motorcycle rental
- In room seating area
- Laundry service
If you’re travelling solo, there are plenty of things that you’ll want from your Coron Hostel. But most importantly, the ability to meet people! You’ll be pleased to know then that this hostel not only offers a common space, but all rooms have a seating area too! It’s also right in the centre of Coron Palawan too, so you’re never too far from a bar or a restaurant if there’s nobody about! The hostel offers motorcycle rental, one of the most popular ways to see the island. And if you’ve been in those clothes too long and they’re starting to smell – just leave them with laundry service!
Best Cheap Hostel in Coron – Busuanga Backpackers
- Try out local food
- Outdoor Terrace
Are you travelling to Coron on a shoestring and want to make the most of your budget? Then look no further than Busuanga Backpackers – the best cheap hostel in Coron! You’d think that for the lowest priced hostel in Coron you’d have to compromise on a few things, but no! This place has an awesome outdoor terrace where you can meet other travellers or enjoy food from the BBQ! If that’s not up your street, there’s local food and jungle juice (whatever that is) too! Last but not least, the friendly staff can give you insider tips on the best places to go nearby.
Best Hostel for Couples in Coron – Ecocio Backpackers Hostel
- Double rooms available
- On-site bar
- Vegetable Garden
If you’re travelling with your other half, perhaps a dorm isn’t the best way to sweep them off their feet. Instead, check out this awesome Coron hostel which boasts double rooms in a tranquil setting. Ecocio Backpackers Hostel also has an outside bar, so you can have a few drinks and soak up the hostel vibe while still having your own private space. Everything here is solar-powered, and there’s even a vegetable garden so rest assured this place is very eco-friendly! Chill out in a hammock or around the campfire with the hostel’s cute puppies and kittens!
Best Party Hostel in Coron – The Hub Backpackers Hangout
- Cheap and delicious vegetarian food
- Super friendly staff
- Get your tours here!
Looking for a great night out in Coron? Who says you need to leave your hostel?! You certainly don’t if you’re staying at the Hub Backpackers Hangout. One of the most popular hostels in Coron, its bar serves the cheapest beers or mixers in town – and staying here bags you free rum and cokes between 6.30 pm and 7! If you go overboard, there’s delicious vegetarian food on offer to soak up that hangover. After all, you don’t want to miss one of the hostel’s awesome dive tours the next day!
Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Coron – Dayon Hostel
- Free Breakfast
- Book Exchange
- Free WiFi and Internet
For those who are travelling as digital nomads, it’s important to have a place that you can enjoy the delights of Coron, while also enabling you to work at your own pace without distractions. That’s exactly what you’ll get at this awesome hostel in Coron! Another plus is the free breakfast – meaning that you can fuel up before a day of hard work or sightseeing! When you want to chill out in the hostel, why not pick up something from the book exchange and spend a couple of hours disconnecting from all your devices?
Best Hostel with a Private Room in Coron – JMP Hostel
- Range of private rooms
- Free parking
- Late check out available
This cool Coron hostel offers not only dorms, but a range of private rooms too. And the good news is, they won’t make that much more of a hole in your pocket! Solo travellers can enjoy a single room, couples can enjoy some privacy and romance in a double, while a small group of friends or family can book a room for 4! Late check-out is on offer too, so if you’re struggling to get everyone ready in time to leave that’s one less thing to worry about! Last of all, those who have their own transport can make use of free parking!
More Great Hostels in Coron
- Right by the beach
- Restaurant and Bar
- Swimming pool
Now, Cocovana Beach Resort is one of the top hostels in Coron. It just didn’t fit snugly into any of the categories we already had! However, don’t let that put you off as this place is right in front of the beach on Busuanga Island. It’s a great place to base yourself to enjoy the island’s natural beauty, while you can still have a lot of fun here! There’s a restaurant and bar where you can meet fellow travellers over a tasty meal or drink, just make sure you leave enough time between that and taking a dip in the pool!
- Free rum happy hour
- Cheap breakfasts
- Top location
Another of the best cheap hostels in Coron, take a closer look at the Screaming Gecko Hostel if you’re on a budget! You’ll be treated to aircon and hot showers, so your comfort is assured! But you get more than just that. Breakfasts here are cheap so you don’t need to spend your morning searching for a cafe, while there’s a free rum happy hour. Great for pres before a night on the town! If you’d prefer something a bit more chill, there’s a games room with board games too!
- Free breakfast
- Bicycle rental
- Airport Transfers
Let’s close our list of the best hostels in Coron with Bakawan Hostel. Although it’s supercheap, this might pique the interest of the flashpackers among you. That’s because your free breakfast is a choice between Asian and à la carte. Ooh la la! There’s bicycle rental for when you explore the island and airport transfers for when you’re coming or going. That should take the stress out of travelling! There’s also a tour and travel desk so you don’t have to miss a thing while you’re here!
What to Pack for your Coron Hostel
We don’t often travel without these essentials.
1. TRTL Travel Pillow: Long flights and bus rides are quite uncomfortable (most obvious statement of the day). Most travel pillows… Well, you know how they are. TRTL travel pillow is different. I mean, look at it! It’ll cuddle you to sleep every ride and it does a pretty damn good job of supporting your neck so you don’t get that stiffness or legendary popping when you stir.
2. Active Roots Water Bottle: Hostels are increasingly meeting backpackers’ demands for potable (drinkable) water. Now is better than ever to start traveling with a reusable water bottle! Aside from cutting down single-use plastic, The Active Roots stainless steel water bottle will also keep your favorite beverage hot or cold all day long and it’s sized perfectly to fit an entire bottle of wine. ‘Nuff said.
3. Universal Travel Adapter: Not every country has the same electrical plug style, so carry along a universal travel adapter. You’ll want one that covers varying voltage levels, has protection from power surges, a fried laptop is not fun, and enough ports so you don’t have to spend all day individually charging your devices.
4. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Quick-drying, lightweight, super soft and compact – the Active Roots Microfiber Towel is essential for every backpacker. No need to use the scabby towels your hostel may or may not provide! Use it for drying off, as a yoga towel or even as a picnic blanket – the options don’t stop here. Made of antibacterial material, you don’t have to worry about your towel starting to smell unpleasant either after lots of use.
5. Power Bank: Everyone knows the mini heart attack when your phone is about to run out of power. Surviving long bus rides without charging stations can be agonizing, which is why every backpacker should have this Anker Power Bank. You can charge your phone up to 5 times, or plug in two devices simultaneously. With high-speed charging and enough power to keep you going for days, you can conquer even the biggest adventures without a problem.
6. Playing Cards: These waterproof cards are essential kit for every backpacker. Play by the pool, beach or at your hostel after a long day with travel buds, without your cards breaking or getting soaked. And once you pull out those cards, the chance that you’ll be the hero of the night is pretty high (no promises though).
Final Thoughts on Hostels in Coron
So, that completes our list of the best hostels in Coron. Whether you want to stay somewhere romantic with your other half, get a super-cheap bed for the night, or find a place to dance the night away, there’s a hostel in Coron for you!
Hostels are a great way to see the world as they’re not only cheaper than hotels, but they offer you the chance to meet lots of travellers and just have a great time!
If you’re still struggling to make your choice, try not to worry. Just go for our overall best hostel in Coron – BAMBAM Hostel. It’s got a great location, offers good value for money, and you’ll meet plenty of other travellers here.
Now that we’ve shown you all of our favourite hostels in Coron, our work here is done. All that’s left is to wish you an incredible vacation in The Philippines!
Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from World Nomads now, our favourite travel insurance provider.
Getting an estimate from World Nomads is simple – just click the button or image below, fill out the necessary info, and you’re on your way!
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation through the site and will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Your support helps keep the site going.