Boracay might be tiny, but it’s one of the coolest destinations in the Philippines! After closing to tourists in 2018 to restore the island to its former glory, it’s back with a bang!
Currently, there’s a cap on the number of tourists that visit, but that improves the experience for those on the island. You can make the most of white sands, turquoise waters, and for a bit of adrenaline – head up to the observation deck on Mount Luho!
Boracay is known for its resort hotels, but that’s not much use if you’re on a budget. Happily, there are several hostels on Boracay where you can pitch up. Not only will you make friends with fellow travellers, but you’ll save money that you can spend on snorkelling excursions and tasty Filipino seafood!
With all that in mind, we’ve decided to help you out. That’s right, we’ve put together a list of the best hostels in Boracay. Hopefully, it’ll help you plan out your holiday and make the most of your Philippines vacation!
Quick Answer – Best Hostels in Boracay
- Overall Best Hostel in Boracay – Frendz Resort & Hostel Boracay
- Best Hostels for Solo Travellers in Boracay – Chill Out Hostel Boracay
- Best Cheap Hostel in Boracay – My Hostel Boracay
- Best Hostel for Couples in Boracay – Gracias Inn
- Best Party Hostel in Boracay – Mad Monkey Boracay
- Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Boracay – Boracay Backpackers Inc.
- Best Hostel with a Private Room in Boracay – Cool Stay Inn
Best Hostels in Boracay
Frendz Resort & Hostel Boracay – Overall Best Hostel in Boracay
- Great location
- Free pasta nights
- Pool table
Looking for the coolest hostel in Boracay? You just found it! Frendz Resort & Hostel is just a two minute walk from White Beach where there are designated beach chairs just for you. That’s just one of the reasons this hostel has won multiple awards!
There is a mixture of private rooms and dorms too, so it’s suitable for any budget.
Make new friends over dinner at the free pasta night, chill out by the swimming pool, or, enjoy a bit of competition at the pool table.
Guests at this awesome Boracay hostel can also take advantage of boat trips every Tuesday and Friday!
Chill Out Hostel Boracay – Best Hostels for Solo Travellers in Boracay
- Chill Lounge
- Cool events
- Book Exchange
If you’re looking for the top hostel in Boracay for solo travellers, look no further than Chill Out Hostel!
Are you the life and soul of the party? Then enjoy free rum nights every weekday! A little quieter and more reserved? Pick something up in the book exchange or chill out in the common room.
This cool Boracay hostel is close to both of the island’s top beaches – White Beach and Bolabog. From here, you can see the island’s prettiest sunsets with your new friends!
My Hostel Boracay – Best Cheap Hostel in Boracay
- Roof deck
- Rooftop bar
- Free continental breakfast
The Philippines are pretty cheap, so you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to budget hostels in Boracay. But which is the best? Well, My Hostel Boracay is a good bet!
Not only are the rooms very reasonably priced, but you’ll also be served free continental breakfast in the morning!
If you’re travelling solo and you want to make new friends, head up to the roof deck where you’ll find a bar. Although it’s not a party hostel, there’s a friendly and chilled out atmosphere!
Best Hostel for Couples in Boracay – Gracias Inn
- Garden views
- Bike hire available
- Spa and wellness centre
Okay, you got us. This isn’t a youth hostel in Boracay, but if you’re travelling with your other half… maybe a smelly, sweaty, and noisy dorm isn’t what you’re looking for!
Treat the one you love to a private room with garden views at this awesome Boracay B&B! Rent a bike to explore the island or do something a little more chill at the spa and wellness centre.
In the morning, fuel up for the day ahead by choosing either the American or Asian breakfast. This is the break you deserve from hostel life for a few days!
Mad Monkey Boracay – Best Party Hostel in Boracay
- Resident DJ
- Free shots every hour
- Swimming Pool
Back to hostels. This is the best Boracay hostel 2020 if you want to party. The Mad Monkey has themed nights every day of the week, accompanied by a resident DJ and free shots!
Whether you want to enjoy a pub quiz, a beer pong tournament, or a pool party, a week at the Mad Monkey will see you experience all of these.
Mad Monkey doesn’t just offer incredible nightlife at the hostel itself. It also boasts a legendary boat party that makes it the top hostel in Boracay to party!
You’ll need the cafe the next day to get something to soak up that hangover.
Boracay Backpackers Inc. – Best Hostel for Digital Nomads in Boracay
- Security Lockers
- Private rooms available
If you’re working during your travels, you’ll want somewhere you can meet fellow travellers but also get your head down and do some work, right?
This Boracay Backpackers hostel is perfect for that, and offers the choice of a sociable dorm or a private room.
If you’re nervous about your expensive laptop staying safe, don’t worry. There are security lockers here so you can be assured that all your stuff is safe as you explore the island!
Cool Stay Inn – Best Hostel with a Private Room in Boracay
- Free breakfast
- Basic Kitchenette
- Family rooms available
Another non-hostel in Boracay has managed to sneak onto our list – but with good reason. No matter what size your group is, there’s a private room for you at this awesome B&B!
If you’re a couple or solo traveller needing a break from the hostel lifestyle, a double room is a great option for you. Travelling in a bigger group of friends or family? Then consider a four or six-bed private room!
If all that isn’t enough to convince you, this Boracay B & B offers free breakfast and a kitchenette use, too!
More Great Hostels in Boracay
- Common Area
- 24-hour front desk
- Free toiletries
Now let’s take another look at some other recommended hostels in Boracay – starting with Shore Time Dormitel! Built in 2018, this clean and modern hostel offers shared air-conditioned rooms with complimentary toiletries in the private bathrooms.
The 24-hour reception means that if you need help with anything, you can get it, no matter what time of day it is! Meet other travellers either in your comfy dorm room or in the common room. If there’s no-one around, just sign in to the free Wi-Fi and watch something on Netflix!
- Great location
- Tour Desk
Looking for a comfy budget hostel in Boracay near all the white, sandy beaches? Then check out A Hostel! It boasts a tour desk so that you can work out your next destination, or find super cool activities to do during your stay.
Comfy beds come with a reading light and a charger, so you can choose between updating your social media or reading a book. The hostel is child-friendly too, so it’s a great option for families.
- Free breakfast
- Swimming pool
- Private bathroom and balcony
Let’s round off our list with one of the coolest hostels in Boracay. Lots of the decor here is upcycled – including the swimming pool! Yep, that used to be a garbage dumpster. Who’d have thought it?!
If you’re looking to stay around the hostel, you’ll be entertained here. You’ve got the choice of watching a film in the cinema room, getting competitive in the games room, or getting a tasty meal at the bar and grill.
All rooms come with a private bathroom and balcony too, so you can enjoy the sunset views over the island’s beaches!
What to Pack for your Boracay Hostel
Pants, socks, underwear… Here are some other items you might not have thought to pack.
1. Padlock: Unless the thief literally spends hours to figure out the code (he won’t), this three-digit padlock is going to keep your stuff safe. It’s great for keeping the zipper of your backpack secured or your locker properly closed. This basic and very flexible padlock saves you from having your essentials stolen. Definitely a must-have for every backpacker!
2. Sea to Summit Travel Soap: When dirtbagging around the globe, hygiene sometimes comes a bit short. This Sea to Summit Travel Soap can wash your hands, clothes or anything else, wherever you are. The soap strips are dry and super thin but dissolve in contact with water, so you can even take it easily through security in a carry-on.
3. Active Roots Toiletry Bag: Keep your bath-and-beauty items organized and in the right place with this water-resistant bag. With large compartments, mesh and enclosed clear sections, you can fit everything you might need inside. Hang it up or let it stand on its own – this bag is a must-have for dorm-lifers.
4. Playing Cards: These waterproof cards are essential kit for every backpacker. Play by the pool, beach or at your hostel after a long day with travel buds, without your cards breaking or getting soaked. And once you pull out those cards, the chance that you’ll be the hero of the night is pretty high (no promises though).
5. Noise-Cancelling Earbuds: These simple earbuds will help you out. Keeping out most of the surrounding sounds, you can either choose to listen to some relaxing music or no sound at all while falling asleep. This can be a life-saver in some unexpected party hostels. Make sure you’re well-rested for the next adventures!
6. Active Roots Microfiber Towel: Having your own towel on your travels is a game changer. The Active Roots Microfiber Towel is perfect for travellers who are looking for a lightweight, quick-drying and extremely soft option. The antibacterial material is super water-absorbent and resists odor buildup because of its antimicrobial material. Ain’t technology cool?
Final Thoughts on the Best Hostels in Boracay
So, that’s all from our list of the best hostels in Boracay. We’re sure you’ll agree that there’s a lot to choose from! Whether you want to party ’til the early hours, relax on a picturesque roof deck, or shoot some pool with new friends, there’s a Boracay hostel for you!
If you’re struggling to make a choice, just head back to the top of the page and pick our favourite hostel in Boracay: Frendz Resort & Hostel Boracay! It’s the best combination of great value for money, perfect location, and a super fun atmosphere!
Now we’ve helped you plan your vacation in Boracay, all that’s left is for us to wish you an incredible trip! We hope you have a great time!
Don’t forget to sort your travel insurance! We’ve put together a roundup of the best travel insurance for backpackers – check it out here, or if you’re low on time, get a quote from Frendz Resort & Hostel Boracay, our favourite travel insurance provider.
Yay for transparency! Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means that if you book your accommodation, buy a book or sort your insurance, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only link to stuff I’ve actually used and never endorse crap. Your support helps me keep the site going.