Filipino passport holders are required to apply for visa before going to Mexico. This Mexico tourist visa will allow you to stay up to 180 days in the country. However, if you have multiple entry US visa, you don’t have to apply for a visa anymore because as of May 1st 2010, all foreigners regardless of their nationality traveling or backpacking to Mexico, with a valid USA visa, will be allowed to visit Mexico through any port of entry – air, land, sea- without a Mexican Visa; this includes tourist, transit and business trips. But if you don’t have a valid US visa, then proceed on the guide below on how to apply for Mexican tourist visa for Filipinos.
Embassy and Consular Location:
Mexican Embassy in Manila
150 Legaspi Street,G.C. Corporate Plaza, Legazpi Village, Makati, 1229
Monday to Friday – 08:30 – 16:30 but visa applications are strictly from 9am-11am only.
Fax: (+63) 2 892 7635
Mexican Visa Requirements For Philippine Passport Holders:
- Duly filled up Application Form. (Available from the Embassy). For minors, both parents must sign the application form.
- Passport (with validity of at least six months). Photocopies of the passport.
- 2 pictures (1.5” x 1.5” (inch in size). WHITE BACKGROUND
- A photocopy of the U.S, Canadian, U.K., Japan, or Schengen Visa (if any) is required depending on the route of the trip.
- One Valid Identification card original and photocopy (photocopy the front and back side of the card) Please present any of the following:
SSS / GSIS ID card
Valid Student ID
- Financial solvency. Provide All of the following (original and photocopy):
- Valid International Credit Card (photocopy the backside of the card where signature can be found)
- Paid Credit Card Statements/Billing statements of credit card (for the last 3 months)
- Updated bank Statements / Certifications
- Updated Passbooks/ Bank Books (front page & page with last updated amount
- Income Tax Return Paper (if employed); Business ownership certifications, duly registered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). (if self-employed)
- Business Ownership Certifications, duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) (if self-employed).
- For Married Couples applying for the visa, separate set of documentation is required. Please provide the Marriage Contract upon application.
- For Parents and Children applying together for the visa, please present the Birth Certificate/s of the children. Both parents must sign the application form of the child.
- Certification of Employment (original).
- Personal Appearance
A consular interview will take place in the Embassy, thus the personal presences is non-negotiable. The consular officer has the right to reject any application should the candidate does not pass said interview.
For travel guide in Mexico, click here.